Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hi hon... Got a challenge for you...


My mom called me at work with Sue, wife of my dad's best friend, giggling in the background.  Larry and Sue are like second parents to me.  I have known them my whole life.  My mom says "Hi hon, got a challenge for you.  Would you be willing to make a sign for Sue, using your Cricut machine?"

My mouth dropped (I thought to myself, my first paid project)... I instantly exclaimed "Duh, yes!".  Sue is an avid seamstress. She makes beautiful aprons, doll clothing, quilts, baby clothes... you name it.  She needed a sign to put in an antique store where she rents a portion of it to sell.

My mom passed her the phone and I got the specs.  Her only concern was it needed to be large and say "Andrea's Collections"... I told her I could get a frame that would be 12" x 36".  She said that would be perfect - and that was it.  No color preference, no guidance. 

Now you would think that would be a creator's dream.  Well at first it was, and then it got a little daunting the the design department.  I just felt I had so much riding on it.  Not money wise, more so pride and wanting her so be thrilled with it.

After several crumpled piece of paper thrown in the corner of my office, screw the garbage can.  I thought to myself go simple.  I made her sign like an old fashioned quilt. 

SHE LOVED IT!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment