Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Cards for Grandma Geek

Well first of all, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Mine was short and sweet - walking away with a full belly and happy that I was able to catch up with family.  Secondly, referring to my husband's Grandmother as "Grandma Geek" makes me feel a little uncomfortable.  She is by far not a geek, but since it is my husband's Grandma (who he affectionately calls "Mamaw"), I thought the cute play on words would let you know who's Grandmother I was referring to :)

Grandma Geek received 6 new Christmas cards that I made in a day or so.  Man I wish I had more to give her.   My inventory of pre-made cards is like old mother Hubbard looking in her cupboard to find her dog a bone.  Yet another reason for this blog... to keep me honest. I can't whine that I have no cards if I don't make them and post them... right?   My goal is to always have several cards on hand made tailor made to whomever receives it or to even have enough for a hostess gift - which brings me back to Grandma Geek.

Me giving her 6 cards is enough to send to each one to her children and us should she choose to. When I handed her the modest box.  Her eyes lit up with joy exclaiming "I just love these! I use them for everything! Birthdays... Thank You's... everything!"  My heart melted... I wanted to run back home and immediately start making her more.  I told her how much that meant to me... and that be on the look out for Christmas cause she'll never have to buy another card again, she is set.

So on top of my Julie and Julia project, or projects, not quite ready to announce all I want to do... but I do have other things cookin' - after all my girlfriends don't call me "Tart" for nothing. I want to make Grandma Geek some more cards. These are just a tease.

I will deem what I make Grandma as the 

"Grandma Geek Project."  

Please enjoy these for now. 







These definitely got me into the Christmas spirit so me and the Geek are having a tree trimming date tonight... and yes, there will be handmade paper ornaments on there ha ha.

With my first pictures of cards posted... I hope you are starting to get a smidgen of inspiration... let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment