Monday, January 2, 2012

Two Life Changing Events for Two Life Changing Ladies....

There are events in your life and then there are events in your life that are "life changing".  As is your life from here on out will be changed.  Well these two ladies I'm making a card for are very special and have two totally life changing events that are and will take place. A new house and a new baby.

My first card made is for Lisa who recently just purchased a new beautiful home.  I have known Lisa for about 17 years.  We don't stay in contact as much as we use to and when we do get together it is like time never slipped by.  We are two very busy gals with busy careers and weekends filled to the max.  In order for us to get together it requires "booking in advance."  Which is very unfortunate because I miss her.  Her new home is green with a red door - I thought I would bridge the time warp gap and make her a "congratulations" card and send it to her new home. 




 My next girlfriend, Cristen, is the wife of my husband's best friend, Bobby.  Cristen too is part of the crafty bunch.  Her sewing skills are something to be reckoned with as she creates children and infant clothing and accessories. The four of us don't spend enough time together as well.  I last saw her in May 2011 when they just told us they were expecting their second child, another little girl.  Fast forward to January, last report, one hospital visit and release, contractions still coming and going.

"Pepsi" - a nick name given to her by their adorable first born, Haydn (and daddy's favorite drink) is expecting to "pop" any day now... her due date is tomorrow the 3rd.  I wasn't the card maker when Haydn was born, but I hope Bobby and Cristen will know we are thinking of them and are so excited for their new little arrival with this little paper sentiment.

Cristen's favorite color is orange - and with the pink for a little girl.  It actually came out quite cute as it isn't too often I get to make a new baby card.  I can't wait to know what they will name her!

No comments:

Post a Comment