Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cards for Sell! Thanks Mom!

After my mom and I visited Sue at her antique shop to drop of her newly crafted sign.  I got to thinking, maybe I should start to do something like that.  Rent out a spot for my cards.  I unfortunately don't have the inventory for it.  But ultimately, it is something I think I could reasonably strive for.

I live in Healdsburg, Ca.  We cater to many people who visit our little town of just over 10,000 people.  First an up most - the wine-o's, which I'm one of them, after all my full time gig is an accountant at a winery.  I only moonlight as a paper crafter.  Secondly is eateries and artisan shops.  Thirdly I would have to say is our antique stores.  I could start hitting the pavement so to speak and see if there were vendors willing for me to pay a monthly fee to have my cards in their store.

My mom, being the angel she is... said "Why start there?  I get foot traffic in my store, you can have a little turn table of cards to sell in my place."

Granted my mom doesn't own a antique store... and you are going to laugh when I say she owns... a RV supply store (pause, giving time for laughter) -  she does get a reasonable amount of foot traffic and it is just the thing to get my feet wet.  Plus it gives something for the ladies to look at when their husbands are debating over which brake controller or toilet chemicals they want to get.  Not saying that men wouldn't look at them too.... it is statistically speaking... well... just saying.

My mom's store is rustically decorated with all things outdoors and travel related.  Funny metal signs boasting fishing skills and eating at roadkill cafes.  So what better direction to focus my designs with cards that a theme of nature.  These cards will only feature plants, flowers, animals, and travel. 

I will deem this as my first entrepreneurial project:
Nature Call's Cards Project

I will post all cards that I will put in my mom's store and will let you know if I sold them!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment